PLAY is a parent-implemented autism intervention, meaning that you gain the skills you need to support you child’s social-emotional growth. Research shows that children on the autism spectrum have more success when parents are empowered to provide intervention at home. Parents can learn eﬀective strategies for engagement, so that their children receive intensive intervention throughout the day. The PLAY techniques and methods become a regular part of family life.
PLAY Autism Intervention services typically include:
- Monthly home visits from a certsﬁed PLAY Project Consultant
- Modeling and coaching services to help improve the interaction between parent and child.
- Direct play between child and Play Project Consultants
- A PLAY Plan report and video provided after each visit. The plan includes detailed recommendations for methods, techniques, and activities. The video captures the Consultant modeling techniques as well as the parent and child’s interactions.
- Family support: ongoing email and phone call to ensure families get resources, help with school, and help with other needs.
- Case review and feedback on your child’s development from a team of professionals.